- 3 medium zucchini sliced into 3" x 1/2" sticks
- 1 large egg white
- 1/3 cup seasoned whole wheat bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- cooking spray
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- fresh pepper
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites and season with salt and pepper.
- In a ziplock bag, place breadcrumbs, garlic powder and cheese and shake well.
- Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- Dip zucchini sticks into eggs then into bread crumb and cheese mixture, a few at a time and shake to coat.
- Place the breaded zucchini in a single layer and spray more cooking spray on top.
- Bake at 425° for about 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve with 1/2 cup marinara sauce for dipping.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 28 oz cans crushed tomatoes (I like Tuttorosso)
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- salt and fresh pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- In a medium pot, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic and saute until golden, being careful not to burn.
- Add crushed tomatoes, salt, pepper, oregano, basil and bay leaf. Stir and reduce heat to low.
- Cover and let simmer about 20 minutes. thanks skinnytaste.