- 2 tsp olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 (28-ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt, plus more as needed
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh basil
- heat a medium large suacepan over meium heat. add the oikl and garlic and cook, stirring, until golden, about 2 minutes.
- add 1/4 cup water, the tomatoes, and salt and season with black pepper to taste. Cover the pot, bring to boil, reduce the heat to medium-low, and simmer until the sauce is heated through, about 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat, stir in the basil, and adjust salt and pepper to taste if needed.
recipe from skinnytaste cookbook.