- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup grape seed or canola oil
- 1/2 cup almond meal or finely chopped almonds
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup cooked garbanzo beans
- 1/4 cup cooked soybeans or 1/3 cup tofu
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- In a small measuring cup, mix together the water and lemon juice. In a separate small measuring cup, measure out the appropriate amount of oil. Set both aside.
- In a blender or food processor, process the almonds, nutritional yeast, garbanzo beans, soybeans or tofu, garlic, salt, curry, oregano, and cilantro together until almost fully ground, about 15 seconds.
- Scrape down the bowl with a rubber spatula. With the machine running, add lemon juice-water mixture in steady stream through feed tube. Scrape down bowl and continue to process for 1 minute. With the machine running, add the oil mixture in a steady stream through feed tube; continue to process until the sauce is smooth and creamy, about 15 seconds, scraping down bowl as needed.
- Transfer the sauce to a clean bottle or jar, cover, and refrigerate overnight to allow the flavors to blend.