- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 small red onion , thinly sliced
- 1 package baby spinach
- 4 cups cubed and roasted butternut squash, warmed
- Use a fork to mash together blue cheese and lemon juice in a large bowl to make a thick smooth dressing. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onions, salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add spinach and cook, tossing often, until slightly wilted and warm, 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Transfer contents of skillet to bowl with dressing, add squash, salt and pepper and toss to combine.