- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped Kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 3/4 cup hummus- homemade or store bought
- 4 whole wheat pitas, unsplit and toasted
- 4 thin slices beefsteak tomato
- 1/3 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/3 cup chopped orange bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- In a small bowl, mix the vinegar, olive oil, olives, and onion.
- Spread a thin layer of hummus on top of toasted pita bread. Top each pita with a thin slice of tomato, spread more hummus on tomato.
- Top with diced cucumber, bell pepper, onion/olive mix and then top with feta.
recipe from Skinnytaste cookbook.