- 1/2 tbsp honey or agave nectar
- 3/4 tbsp water
- 12 mint leaves (or 3 drops of mint essential oil)
- 1.5 oz light rum
- 3/4 cup seltzer
- 1 oz lime juice
- In a small bowl, mix lime juice, honey, and water. Add mint leaves.
- Muddle the mint leaves in the liquid-muddling is simply crushing or bruising the leaves to release their essential oils/flavors-you don’t want to chop them or shred them-this won’t get you the flavor.
- Add ice to a glass. Pour mint mixture into glass and top with rum and seltzer.
- Garnish with a lime and mint sprigs.