- 2 lbs of lean ground turkey
- 1 cup all natural mild salsa
- 1 cup whole wheat bread crumbs (Ezekiel bread)
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Ground black pepper (to taste)
- Fresh chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine turkey, salsa, bread crumbs, egg, garlic, salt, and pepper in large bowl. Press mixture into 9x15 inche loaf pan, or form into shape of a loaf and place on ungreased 13x9x2 inch baking pan.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until center is no longer pink and meat is cooked through. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Cut into 8 slices and serve garnished with parsley.
Pair with sweet potato and steamed green beans for a complete meal. (thanks Melanie mitro)