Ingredients:2 large green bell peppers
- 2 T olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1lb flank steak or flat iron steak, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 slices Provolone cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray an 8x8 baking dish with olive oil, set aside
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Slice green peppers in half, remove seeds and ribs and place them int he boiling water for 3-5 minutes until they are tender. Remove peppers from the water (be careful!!) Place cut side down on a towel and let water drain.
- In a 12" skillet, heat olive oil on medium. Add garlic, onion, mushrooms, red bell pepper, sea salt & pepper. Saute 4-5 minutes until onions are translucent.
- Add steak slices and Worcestershire sauce and cook until meat is cooked to your liking
- Place green peppers open side up in your baking dish. Fill each pepper with meat mixture until they are overflowing. Top with slice of cheese.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes until cheese is golden brown. Serve hot!
21 day fix approved: 1 stuffed pepper half | 1 Green, 1 Red, 1 Blue, 1 tsp