- 2 - 2.5 pound butternut squash peeled, de-seeded and cubed (no more than four cups)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium carrots, chopped (no more than two cups)
- 32 fl-oz of Organic Free Range Chicken or Vegetable Broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon crushed rosemary
- 1 teaspoon basil
- ½ teaspoons sea salt (optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Take your butternut squash and with a peeler, peel off all the outside skin. Cut the squash in half and de-seed then cut into cubes as shown in photo below.
2. Chop your medium onion, two medium carrots, and minced up garlic and put into a stock pot with your tablespoon of olive oil on medium heat and saute until nice and soft.
3. Add in the four cups of cubed squash to your stock pot.
4. Then take the 2 cups of water and add in your chicken or vegetable broth.and throw in the seasonings and herbs above.
5. Simmer all ingredients until you can poke a fork through the squash.
6. Next take an immersion blender and blend until smooth or whatever consistency you like it.
7. You can garnish with pumpkin seeds if you want or a dollop of plain yogurt.
(21 Day Fix Containers: 1 serving = 1 green and 1 tsp)