Yield: 2 servings
· 2 (16 oz total) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
· seasalt and fresh pepper to taste
· 4 tsp Pesto
· 1 medium tomatoes, sliced thin
· 6 tbsp (1.5 oz) shredded reduced fat mozzarella cheese
· ¼ cup dry rice per person
- Slice chicken breast horizontally to create 4 thinner cutlets. Season lightly with salt and fresh pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Line baking sheet with foil or parchment for easy clean-up. Place the chicken on prepared baking sheet.
- Spread 1 tsp of pesto over each piece of chicken. Bake for 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Remove from oven; top with tomatoes and mozzarella. Bake for an additional 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.