Yields: 6 servings
Serving Size: 3 oz steak plus salad
· 1 1/2 lb flank steak
· 1/2 tsp cumin
· 2 garlic cloves, crushed
· 1/2 tsp kosher salt
· fresh cracked pepper to taste
For the black bean, corn and tomatoes:
· 3 tbsp red onion, minced
· 1 tsp olive oil
· 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
· 2 medium vine ripe tomatoes, diced
· 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
· 1 cups frozen corn kernels (fresh is fine)
· 2 tbsp finely minced cilantro
· kosher salt and fresh pepper to taste
- Season steak with the crushed garlic, cumin, salt and pepper and set aside 5-10 minutes.
- Combine red onions, olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper in a medium bowl and set aside a few minutes.
- Add tomatoes, black beans, corn, cilantro and set aside. Heat a clean lightly greased indoor or outdoor grill on high heat.
- Grill steak on high heat, 6-8 minutes on each side or until your desired degree of doneness. Let the meat restabout 5 minutes before slicing.
- Slice the beef into thin slices across the grain, place on a platter and top with corn, black bean and tomato salad.