- Hot water
- 1/4 cup reduced fat plain greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 large egg yolk
- sea salt
- 3 Tbsp butter
- Fill a large saucepan 1/4 full of water. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat to gently boil
- Place heat- resistant bowl over the sauce pan so that it rests snuggly on lid
- combine yogurt, lemon juice, and egg yolk in a medium bowl; whisk to blend. season with salt and pepper if desired.
- add yogurt mixture to bowl over saucepan; cook, stirring constantly; for 5 to 6 minutes, or until sauce thickens.
- Once sauce begins to thicken remove bowl from the saucepan, stirring for 30 seconds. Return to top of the saucepan and stir for 30 seconds. Repeat these steps 4 to 5 minutes or until sauce reaches the consistency of mayonanaise.
- Remove from heat. add butter, stirring constantly for 3 to 4 minutes, or until sauce has cooled.
Goes well with eggs benedict, but also chicken, vegetables, fish etc! can be kept in the fridge for 3 days. Thanks fixate