- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa, soaked for 12 to 24 hours in 1 cup filtered water
- 1/2 cup rolled oats,
- 3/4 cup unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 egg or 1 tsp chia seeds soaked in 1/4 cup filtered water for 15 minutes
- 2 tbsp melted extra virgin coconut oil (more for cooking)
- 1/2 tsp ground vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- zest of 1 lemon
Drain and rinse quinoa, and place it in an upright blender. Add oats, ¼ cup coconut, almond milk, chia egg (or regular egg), coconut oil, vanilla, baking powder, and cinnamon. Blend on high speed for about 40 seconds or until completely smooth, scraping down sides as necessary. Add remaining coconut and lemon zest and stir with a rubber spatula to combine.
Warm a wide cast iron skillet over medium heat; add about 1 teaspoon coconut oil and spoon in ¼ cup batter for each pancake. Spread the batter out a little with the back of a spoon to make a 4-inch pancake. Cook for about 3 minutes or until surface is covered with bubbles and bottom is golden and beginning to brown. Flip and cook for another 2 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from skillet and repeat with remaining batter.
Thanks Green Kitchen Stories!