We all know working out is good for us, but it can get so dang boring! I’ve totally been a victim of the same routine over and over again. It used to sound like this: 30 minutes on the treadmill, push some weights around, 8 minutes abs , and stretch. Blah blah blah. So how do you get out of workout rut before you just flat out quit!?! Here are my tips on how to make sure you stick with you workouts for the long haul!
1. First off, switch your workouts up! I never felt motivated more than when I did the P90x3 program because it sixteen different workouts.
2. pump up the jams… jump on that new music!
3. Surround yourself with inspirational quotes and pep talks. They hit home for me. Thank god for pinterest!
4. Write down how you feel after each workout! (I regret that workout… said no one ever)
5. Plan a post workout meal. Tell yourself you’ll have a yummy shakeology or dinner only after your workout.
6. Find a workout buddy!
7. Surround yourself with positive people. Seriously this was a big one for me. Some people may not understand your new lifestyle, that’s fine. But tell them it’s not their life or health.
8. Get in those steps! If you don’t workout, go on a long walk so you don’t feel guilty later.
9. What can you accomplish right now. Look at your weekly goal and remind yourself WHY you started this journey in the first place.
10. Set the mood. Get in your cute workout gear and turn on your techno. Lets gooooo!
11. Go shopping to dress the part. I love fitness fashion and it actually makes me want to workout!