The great thing about the snack portion of your meal plan is you can prepare the full weeks worth in one day! Usually Sunday is my prep day, so come Monday I just open the fridge grab my Ziplocs or containers and I’m on my way! No extra time! So I advise you do the same or else something will happen, like waking up late. Then what’s the likelihood that you are going to stand there and chop up bell peppers?
Here is a list of my favorite clean eating snacks. Also be careful when combining your healthy snacks together. Avoid doing 2 snacks both fruits, because fruit is high in sugar. For example, don’t do grapes and a banana for your two snacks.
- 1 apple with 1 tbsp nut butter or a handful of raw unsalted almonds
- multigrain rice cake with (homemade) tzatziki sauce and bell peppers
- broccoli, bell pepper, carrots, grape tomatoes or caulifower and 1 tbsp skinny hummus
- 1 ½ cup cucumbers and tzatziki sauce
- light string cheese and bell peppers
- handful strawberries and cucumbers
- ½ banana and natural PB
- 1 cup of red or green grapes
- 1 cup plain nonfat Greek Yogurt with ½ cup strawberries and 1 tsp honey.
- 1 can tuna plus ¼ c diced avocado and sea salt with pepper to taste and 2 brown rice cakes.
- 3 turkey slices with avocado slice in each and bell pepper